Questions for your Designer or Architect
When seeking the design services of any professional you should, at a minimum, ask the following questions.
- What do you see as the challenges and important aspects of this project?
- How will your design meet my needs and how will you determine those needs?
- What is your design philosophy?
- How busy are you?
- How will you organize the design process?
- What visuals will you use to describe the project (models, drawings, sketches)?
- How do you establish fees?
- What do you expect your fees for this project will be?
- If the scope of the project changes later, will there be additional fees?
- How will these fees be calculated?
- What services do you provide during the construction phase?
- How long do you expect it to take to complete this project
- Do you have any projects that are similar in scope or scale you can show me?